Monday, March 26, 2012

chopper build progress

Well it's been a little while now that I've been working on this thing. I did the normal winter maintenance and had been patiently waiting for a few last pieces before putting it all together. I spent all day saturday re wiring the bike. It took me about 5 hours to cut, crimp, solder and heat shrink everything, but it turned out really nice and is a big relief knowing that I won't have to worry about any wiring issues for a long time. I put the rear wheel on and mocked up the seat, fender and oil tank. I think I have everything figured out as to where I'll mount the tabs and I'll head down to the motortrash garage this weekend to weld up all the tabs. Once that is done, the frame will be sent to a local shop to be sandblasted and powder coated before I do the final engine swap. In the mean time I am going to polish the engine up, run new fuel and oil lines and possibly pull the kick start out to replace the gears. I noticed towards the end of the season it slipped a few times, and I can imagine 32 year old dog teeth are pretty warn down.

All has been quite other than that for the time being. Lots of updates to come in the next few weeks!!






No comments:

Post a Comment